According to Ayurveda, CKD is a disease of Mutravaha Srotas (excretory system). A faulty diet /improperly cooked food (Viruddh ahar), & lifestyle factors (Viruddh Vihar) hampers all the three Doshas (Bio elements) as well as all the Dushyas (Tissues) of body, Kapha (Fluid element) is responsible for blocking microvessels and developing microangiopathy. Vata (Air element) is responsible for degeneration of the microchannels of the kidney i.e. Nephrons.
According to Ayurvedic principles of management of the disease, tissue damage can be prevented and repaired by Rasayana therapy (Rejuvenating therapy) because they have the capability to improve qualities of tissues and hence increase resistance of the tissues. Along with these blockage of microchannels can be removed by Lekhana drugs having a scraping effect on blocked channels.
How Ayurvedic Treatment is Helpful in CKD?
Ayurveda is one of the healing modality which is effective for preventing the progression of kidney disease.Ayurveda recommends herbal formulations (combined Ayurvedic preparation) of Rasayana for Mutravaha Srotas and Lekhana (scraping) effect to clear the blocked channels. Varunadi kvath is also helpful to regulate the Kapha (Fluid element) and Vata doshas (Air element). Niruha basti (procto-colonic administration of ayurvedic medicines mainly contain-ing decoction of punarnavadi compounds, rocksalt, sesame oil and mixture of some herbal powders) is a minor alternative of dialysis. Treatment results in reduction in urea and creatinine in the bloodstream and increases hemoglobin content. It results in reduction in edema, weakness, leg cramps, increase in appetite, and relief from nausea, breathlessness and other related symptoms. Additionally, Panchkarma is the ultimate cleansing therapy to clear out all the toxins from the body through detoxification and restores the body’s innate healing ability. The time-tested herbs with healthy dietary regimen, regular Yoga and Pranayama exercises are some of the important components that bring reduction in the symptoms of kidney disease and keep our excre-tory system healthy.
Some Ayurvedic herbs used for treating chronic kidney disease are:
- Punarnavadi Mandoor: This herb is diuretic in nature and also contributes to the formation of red blood cells. This naturally increases the urine output.
- Chandraprabha Vati: Chandraprabha Vati is helpful in treating urinary tract infections and helps to support a healthy excretory system.
- Gokshuradi Guggulu: It helps to detoxify and maintain healthy urinary system. It helpsto improve kidney health and also maintains and regulates healthy blood pressure.
Renal Care Tablet
- Rejuvenating tonic for the kidneys and adrenals.
- upports healthy urinary flow and helps to soothe the urinary system.
- Support the entire urinary tract including the kidneys, bladder and ureth-ra.
P.T.M. 5 (Kidney Care Tablets)
- Maintains healthy kidney functions.
- Balances all the Doshas viz Vata, Pitta and Kapha (bio-elements).
- Supports the natural metabolism of the urinary system.
Faulty dietary regimen and other toxins have to be filtered out by our kidneys. However, if the kidneys fail to do so, these harmful toxins gradually accumulate in our body and with the passage of time these accumulations start to hinder the efficient functioning of our kidneys. Ayurveda recommends a natural dietary regimen to maintain healthy kidneys throughout life. Keeping these traditional dietary guidelines in view, our ancestors have mentioned some useful herbs for kidney health.
Combination of natural rejuvenating herbs for the kidneys and adrenals which contain the extract of time-tested herbs. The formulation is based on 5000 years old Ayurvedic medical science. This supports the functioning of a healthy kidney along with a healthy urinary flow. It naturally promotes the flushing out of metabolic waste from our bodies through the kidneys.