Hypertension: Natural remedies for hypertension
A hypertensive heart disease & hypertension stroke is a curse of sedentary lifestyle & wrong dietary regimen. In this medical condition, the blood pressure of the arteries remains persistently elevated. The medical science of Ayurveda (Science of life) has scripted hypertension guidelines as Raktagata Vata. The root cause of a hypertension is air-circulation-imbalance (Vata Doshas) & blood tissue constitution (Rakta Dhatu). The already vitiated air circulation (Vyana Vayu) is further occluded (Avarana) by blood which increases the pressure of blood in the body leading to hypertension.
Nowadays, it is evident that even the younger generation is also targeted by hypertension headaches & hypertension heart attacks. Hypertension is also prevalent in children & during pregnancy. Our case studies suggest that hypertrophy of the left ventricle (Vamanilaya) & arteries (Raktavahi Dhamniya) are the major causes and risk factors that generate a need for the hypertension treatments. It has also been noted that kidney diseases (Vrikka Vikara) often affect hypertension guidelines and hypertension medications. Hypertension or high blood pressure (high BP) leads to many complications like heart attack, stroke, atherosclerosis, kidney failure, vision loss, malfunction/damage of organs etc.
Natural solution for hypertension
Natural therapy of 5000 years old medical science (Ayurveda) focuses on proper dietary habits, Yoga, Pranayama, along with time-tested authentic herbs. Natural ingredients of such herbs balance air circulation which is the root cause of hypertension.
- Avoidance of etiological factors (Nidana Parivarjana) – The ancient medical science of Ayurveda focuses on the root cause of this disease. A strict diet & lifestyle are recommended to be followed for the elimination of the symptoms of hypertension. For instance, excessive in-take of salt, vegetable oils, chilies, junk food, spicy foods, tea, and coffee etc. has been prohibited.
- Ayurvedic therapy for balancing bodily humor(Shamana Chikitsa) – Natural Ayurvedic wellness supports are commonly used for balancing Tridoshas especially Vata Doshas which further prevent the progression and aggravation of hypertension. Such wellness supports can also prevent various complications of hypertension.
“Rejuvenating combination for your heart and circulatory system”
- Supports healthy blood circulation.
- Promotes and strengthens the muscle of the heart.
- Maintains healthy cholesterol level.
- Protects your heart against fear, anxiety, & repressed emotions.
Natural ingredients of CARDIO SUPPORT (Rudraksha in particular) promote natural relaxation by reducing excess body heat. It provides calmness to body, mind, and soul. Regular use of cardio support improves pumping activity of the heart by improving heart muscle strength. It also reduces edema due to its diuretic action and decreases retention of water and hence helpful in maintaining optimum blood pressure. Cardio support decreases LDL cholesterol levels, and cleanses the blocked arteries.
Diet for Heart health
- Include whole grain viz. wheat, oats, porridge, pulses, legumes, and sprouts in the diet.
- All green leafy vegetables like spinach, lettuce, beans, capsicum, cabbage etc. are good for heart health.
- Include fruits like apple, papaya, guava, pear, pomegranate, strawberries in the diet.
Hypertension natural remedies
Hypertension & Pranayamas: Sheetali Pranayama/Left nostril breathing (Chandrabhedi Pranayama)
These are very effective in lowering the blood pressure. They promote the free flow of life force through the body. They activate powerful evaporative cooling mechanism and parasympathetic system of the body which brings back high blood pressure to normal. They reduce tension, stress, anxiety, body heat, & activates digestive fire. They are effective in calming body, mind, emotions, and anxiety.
Hypertension & Yoga Asanas: Corpse poses (Shavasana)/ Butterfly poses (Baddha Konasana)
They release stress, repair heart cells and tissues. They decrease sympathetic activity & oxidative stress. They soothe the nervous system & activate the parasympathetic system. They also address stress/fatigue & are also useful for kidneys, bladder, and ovaries health.
Hypertension & exercises: Stretching exercises/ Aerobic activities
They reduce systolic and diastolic blood pressures. They increase flexibility, enhance muscular coordination, & improve ROM (Range of Motion). They reduce visceral fat, plasma renin, catecholamine activity, sympathetic activity and increase parasympathetic tonicity.
Don’t hold your breath in any of the exercises because it can lead to increased blood pressure according to Valsalva maneuver. All these have to be carried out only under mild and moderately elevated blood pressure.