Ayurvedic Care for Migraine Attacks
Ayurveda: the science of life, the oldest medical science known to mankind has described migraine as Ardhavabhedaka (one-sided headaches) / Sooryavarta (both sided headaches) that come under diseases of the head (Shiroroga). While involving the eyes, ears, temporal region, forehead and eyebrows, migraine headache occurs due to both constrictions and dilatation of the blood vessels.
Migraine occurs due to the vitiation of bodily humor (Tridosha) with the predominant vitiation of motion force (Vata Dosha) and metabolic energy (Pitta Dosha). A persisting faulty lifestyle & dietary regimen lead to the constriction of blood vessels which reduce the blood supply to the brain. During this consistent constriction period, if, for some reasons (oily/spicy food, prolonged exposures to sunshine, anger, stress, and grief) the blood vessels dilate to their standard diameter (a physiological change) to provide an adequate blood supply to the brain, it causes a severe headache known as a migraine attack.
Eliminate migraine headaches naturally with Ayurveda
Ayurveda believes in natural ways to fight against migraine headaches. The natural concept for migraine headaches revolves around controlling the imbalanced bodily humor (Tridoshas), which is the underlying cause of migraine with proper dietary habits, Yoga, Pranayama, & time-tested authentic herbs. Natural ingredients of such herbs are considered to be highly effective in combating migraines and mental exhaustion. Natural solution of migraine aura allows the nervous system to experience a deep state of mental calmness. The Ayurvedic herbs for migraine have a very powerful detoxifying effect which helps in combating migraine and associated throbbing pains.
“A powerful neurological support and Effective Remedy for Migraine”.
- Stops migraine headaches, relieves stress, & promotes blissful sleep.
- Relief from memory fatigue, anxiety, and depression.
- Pacifies motion forces (Vata Dosha) and metabolic energy (Pitta Dosha) in the body.
Cephala Go is a powerful nervine tonic which nourishes and strengthens the entire nervous system. It is the best rejuvenative formulation (Rasayana) to ensure proper blood circulation in the brain. Cephala Go contains a blend of neuro-relaxing Ayurvedic herbs such as a) Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum), b) Shunti (Zingiber officinale), c) Pippali (Piper longum), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), e) Ustukhuddus (Lavandula stoechas), and f) Ajmoda (Apium graveolens). These herbs optimize the blood circulation levels in the brain to eliminate the migraine pains naturally without any adverse effects.
Cephala Go naturally ensures 1) elimination of toxins from the body, 2) improving gut functions, 3) balancing Vata and Pitta Dosha, and restoration of life-sap (Ojas) which ultimately leads to the reduction in the frequency/severity of migraine attacks. For fast action and target orientation, Cephala Go is enriched with nano-particles of Gypsum. Cephala Go is sugar-free, lactose-free, gluten-free, and contains no animal products.
Natural Remedies for Migraine Pain & Aura
- Missing meals or long gaps between meals may trigger migraine attacks, because of low blood glucose levels. So, migraine patients should make time for small frequent meals.
- To decrease migraine pain relief medication, avoid direct exposure to the sun & take a minimum of 8 hr sleep.
- Head massage with Bhringrajoil is beneficial for eliminating migraine naturally.
Diet for Migraine
- Drink more water and eat whole grains, fruits, vegetables, & healthy fats i.e. omega-3 fats etc.
- Limit “saturated” and “trans fats”. Avoid excessive sugar or salt, refined foods, animal products (meats and dairy), caffeine, and tea etc.
Yoga/Pranayama/Exercise for Migraine
Adho Mukha Svanasana/Padmasana/Hasta Uttanasana: – These Asanas stimulate the nervous system & can improve the vagal tone along with the reduced sympathetic activity. All these Yogic exercises also improve the cardiac autonomic balance.
Anulom Vilom/ Sheetali Pranayama: – These Pranayamas increase blood circulation to the brain & suppress the migraine triggering factors such as stress, tensions, & anxiety.
Calisthenics/ Pilates Exercise: – Moderate exercise such as morning or evening walk for 30-60 min. can be very helpful in getting relief from migraine.
- Have a sufficient amount of food at least one hour before.
- Make sure you are well-hydrated.
- It is necessary to have proper warm up and cool down sessions.