According to Ayurveda, Psoriasis appears due to imbalance of two doshas – Vata and Kapha . Vata and Kapha doshas manifest in the skin and cause accumulation of toxins. These toxins accumulate in deep tissues like rasa (nutrient plasma), rakta (blood), mansa (muscles), and lasika (lymphatic). These toxins cause contamination of deeper tissues, leading to Psoriasis.
1) Loose silvery scales
2) Itching or burning skin
3) Raised pus-filled skin bumps
4) Skin redness around pustules
5) Restricted joint motion
6) Emotional distress
7) Skin pain and inflammation
8) Skin blisters
9) Dry skin patches
10) Bleeding skin patches
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
1) Avoid consuming opposite foods.
2) Do not control natural urges like vomiting, urination, bowels, etc.
3) Do not take cold water bath immediately after a heavy workout, traveling, a long walk, etc.
4) Take care not to consume foods which cause indigestion.
5) Absolutely do not eat too much of salty, sour or acidic foods.
6) Avoid sleeping in afternoons.
7) Say no to radish, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour foods.