Ayurvedic concept of Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)
Kidney cysts or polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a genetic disorder that causes a gradual occurrence of the clusters of the cysts in kidneys. These dreadful cysts are round and sac-like vessels containing fluid. Such cysts cause undesired enlargement of your kidneys. As a result, your kidneys lose function over time. In general, cysts are non-cancerous. However, multiple large cysts can significantly damage your kidneys. They are caused by abnormal genes and in most cases, polycystic kidneys run through families. The apparent symptoms could be blood in the urine, high blood pressure, feeling of fullness, & increased size in your abdomen Such symptoms lead to progressive loss of kidney function, pregnancy complications in women, and growth of cysts in the liver as well.
Ayurveda gives us guidelines for polycystic kidney disease. To prevent PKD, Ayurvedic scripts have mentioned several natural herbs in concert with accurate diet plans. Ayurveda believes that this condition is caused due to the vitiation of Pitta Dosha in the body and various Pitta normalizing herbs target the Prakriti and Dosha equilibrium of the patient. Our Ayurvedic protocols naturally support the health of kidneys and halt the progression of the disease to avoid dialysis and kidney transplant. When it comes to Lesion kidney disease, Ayurveda has two aspects:
- a) Prevention of formation of new cystswith the usage of Ayurvedic Srotoshodhak
- b) Restoring kidney health, i.e. the damage that has already occurred to the functioning of the kidney due to the pressure exerted by multiple lesions.
Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) natural remedies
Daruharida (Berberis aristata): – It is used as a diuretic, stomachic, immuno-stimulatory. It is naturally rich in vitamin C, tannins, and minerals, which include phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron. It has essential ingredients which possess anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa): – It can potentially reduce the inflammation in case of renal cysts. It can also calm the vitiated Doshas (toxic accumulation) naturally. Punarnava root extract has a significant calcium channel-blocking effect & therefore, helps in reducing blood pressure. It also consists of diuretic, anti-inflammatory, anti-fibrinolytic & anti-bacterial properties.
Nirogamz Uramrit “Supports proper functioning of Kidneys and adrenal gland”
- Acts as a natural diuretic and detoxifier
- Maintains optimum kidney health
- Helps to flush out toxins from the kidney
Nirogamz Uramrit is an Ayurvedic formulation which cleanses and nourishes the urinary tract. This energizing natural formulation supports a healthy, unobstructed urinary tract and soothes the urinary system. It is a kidney tonic which helps to fight the various kidney diseases.
Renal Care “Rejuvenates kidneys by maintaining healthy urinary system”
- Supports healthy urinary functions.
- Supports healthy elimination of toxins from kidneys.
- Helps cleansing the urinary system.
Renal Care is a rejuvenating tonic for the kidneys and adrenals. It supports healthy urinary flow. It increases the flow of urine which flushes kidney wastes and lowers the urinary oxalates. It helps to strengthen the urinary system and supports the entire urinary tract including the kidneys, urinary bladder, ureters and urethra.
Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Drink enough fluid to stay hydrated.
- Aim for a balanced diet that is low in salt, sugar and fat.
- Take regular exercise.
- Limit how much alcohol you drink.
- Eat 5 portions of fruit or vegetables a day.
- Eat some dairy (or dairy alternatives, such as soya drinks).
- Have protein, such as beans, pulses, fish, eggs, or meat.
- Limit your intake of salt, sugar, and fat, and choose unsaturated fats.