A drink fit for Midas
How to incorporate the various amazing health benefits of turmeric into your daily life?
Turmeric – ‘The Golden Spice of India’ is gaining a new found popularity these days, especially in the western countries. In India, there is nothing new about “haldi doodh”—Hindi for turmeric milk. Turmeric mixed with warm milk and a range of condiments is a tried-and-tested homemade remedy for coughs and colds in the Indian households. Turmeric has hundreds of molecular constituents, each with a variety of biological activities. The active properties of curcumin are best called “protective properties”. Turmeric or Haldi is bitter to taste and dries the moistness of tissues and fat. It is hot in potency.
The amazing benefits are as follow:
- Turmeric milk is an exceptional natural body detoxifier. It specifically purifies the liver as well as blood to improve liver functions. It does this by cleansing the lymphatic system for the liver to function optimally.
- Turmeric milk contains high antioxidant properties which help to glow the skin to make it more healthy and shining.
- Turmeric acts as a mild phytoestrogen, promoting the reproductive health of females. It increases fertility in women who have trouble in conceiving due to hormonal insufficiency.
- Drinking warm milk at bedtime is a well-known remedy for insomnia on account of the amino acid tryptophan which can increase serotonin levels in the brain.
- Turmeric has been used externally as a beauty aid because of the visible changes it produces on the skin. It makes the skin smooth, removes fine lines and other signs of premature aging.
- Turmeric milk is an excellent tonic to improve your general immunity against a host of diseases.
- Turmeric milk assists in healing wounds from inside because of its antibacterial and antiseptic agents which make it disinfectant, a great property to treat injuries.